Welcome to the Adult Education Literacy program at the San Antonio Independent School District! Our program provides free first-rate online and in-person basic education with experienced, caring, and committed teachers to assist you in obtaining the skills necessary to accomplish your academic and career goals. In addition, to the classes listed below you can participate in over 40 job training certification and retraining programs. Furthermore, to ensure that nothing stands in the way of your success, we will provide you with a College and Career Navigator to provide you with the resources necessary to complete your education and to guide you on your journey toward a better future!
SAISD Adult Education Literacy Program Services provide the following:
- English as a Second Language Classes (ESL)
- Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency Preparation (formally GED) Classes
- Academic Work-Based Readiness and Life Skills (Workplace AEL and Preparation Activities)
- Integrated Education and Training (IET)
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IETCE)
- College & Career Readiness Classes (Transitions)